Student Leadership Team
The Student Leadership Team (SLT), which is made up of eight qualified 7th and 8th graders that are passionate, hard-working, and self-driven individuals who collaborate as a team to serve as role models to the student body & entire community. SLT members are motivated to make student experiences at ASB positive, inclusive and fun.
- 7th or 8th grade student at ASB
- Have maintain 3's and 4's on your report card
- Little to no discipline policy violations
- The ability to collaborate with team members and staff
- Ontime completion of Student Leadership Application
- Participation in faculty-led interview process
Responsibilities & Code of Conduct
Being selected for SLT requires you to be willing to devote time and energy to student activities. More than giving of your time and talents, you have the opportunity to learn skills which will allow you to become a more effective leader, planner, and organizer. You will learn how to set goals and to effectively take steps in achieving those goals. This job teaches successful strategies in how to communicate with others as well as planning meaningful and organized events and activities. You will get out of this experience what you put into it.
- Active and positive participation in ASB Student Leadership Team meetings (Mondays each week, during lunch recess), and all SLT-sponsored student activities
- Organizing and planning student activities that are representative of the ASB mission
- Be an example for the student body by wearing the proper uniform daily
- Be respectful of other students, faculty and staff, and parent volunteers
- Maintain 3's and 4's and a clean discipline record
- Be a positive representative of ASB both on & off campus, an equal to his or her peers
- Participate fully in spirit days
- Attend SLT-sponsored student events from start to finish, and contribute in the planning and execution of these events
The Student Leadership Team is mentored by teachers Mr. Van Pelt and Ms. Caballero.