The Assumption-St. Bridget Choir is one of the oldest, most active student groups in the school. We are always welcoming new students in grades 4 through 8 who love to sing. The purpose of the ASB choir is to build community, rehearse as a group, refine vocal technique, learn traditional and popular choral selections, practice choral harmony, represent the school in the community, and have fun!
Performance and service opportunities this year will include:
- Singing at Sunday Masses during the year at both parishes
- Winterfest performance at the Seattle Center
- Christmas caroling at the Sacred Heart Shelter
- Providing music for Holy Thursday service at the Calvary Cemetery
- Making a professional recording at Holy Names Academy
- Singing in both the Christmas and Spring school concerts
- Providing music for the Eighth Grade graduation
Mr. Turner is the ASB choir director. He brings 20 years vocal teaching experience and has directed several elementary and middle-school choirs in the Seattle area. He is also a published composer of choir music.
ASB choir meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:30-8:20 in the music room.
There is a $50 fee for choir this year. This will go towards purchasing new choir music and providing juice before each choir session
Choir Registration Forms are available outside the music room, and will be linked here each Fall: Choir 2019-2020 registration
Matt Turner, Choir Director