Welcome! My name is Juli Rangel. I am the Reading Support Teacher and a student support coordinator.
As the Reading Support Teacher, I work in the following capacities:
Providing additional instruction for students not meeting grade level benchmarks in reading. I deliver explicit, sequential and multisensory intervention in the areas of phonological/phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension. The focus is on students in K-4 not meeting benchmarks, as this is the most effective time to intervene.
Additional instruction happens in two ways:
- Pull-out as small groups.
- Push-in as targeted instruction within the child’s regular classroom.
As part of the Student Support Team, I work in the following capacities:
- Facilitating communication among teachers, parents, and administration concerning all students with significant academic needs. For some students, this involves having a written plan.
- Parents, the homeroom teacher, and the reading support teacher meet to discuss a student’s needs and what is working for that student. This information is then written down in a Student Support Plan.
- Teachers are notified of what additional support students need before the start of each new school year. This ensures teachers can begin the year using strategies that help all their students learn successfully.
- The reading support teacher and classroom teachers discuss strategies to help meet the needs of all learners and specific students on an as needed basis.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and/or concerns about your child’s needs at ASB.