Assumption-St. Bridget School
2017 – 2018 Tuition Assistance Procedures
It is the policy of Assumption-St. Bridget School to make a Catholic school education assessable to our current and prospective families, space permitting, regardless of their ability to pay tuition. Tuition Assistance grants will be determined by ASB School after families have completed the necessary online FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Application (see below for instructions.) Families who receive Tuition Assistance are generally required to pay some portion of their tuition obligation – full Tuition Assistance grants are rarely awarded. Families who receive Tuition Assistance grants are still asked to fulfill their other financial obligations to the school and parish (including but not limited to the following: application fee, book fee, fundraising contributions, activity fees and church stewardship commitment). Families applying for Tuition Assistance must complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment application online, pay the $24 application fee, and upload or fax the required supporting documentation.
The FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Application opens November 4, 2016. There are two deadlines:
1. DEADLINE January 6, 2017 – Families who complete the FACTS application and submit the required supporting documentation by January 6, 2017 will be considered for two grants:
a. Seattle Archdiocese Fulcrum Foundation Grant of $1,200
b. Tuition Assistance from Assumption – St. Bridget School
Families will also be reimbursed, from Fulcrum, for the $24 application fee, as long as at least one student from the family is attending a Catholic school in the Archdiocese for the 2017-18 school year.
2. DEADLINE February 10, 2017 – Families who complete the FACTS application and submit the required supporting documentation by February 10, 2017 will be considered for Tuition Assistance from Assumption-St. Bridget School. Families will not be reimbursed for the $24 application fee.
Families will be notified no later than end of March, 2017 if they have been awarded either a Fulcrum Grant and/or an Assumption-St. Bridget Tuition Assistance Grant.
Click on the button below to apply for tuition assistance, and follow these instructions:
1. Click on the link above. If you are a new FACTS user, please select “Create a username & password” to begin. If you are a returning user, please sign in.
2. Once signed in, click on the “Grant Aid” tab on the blue bar located on the top of the page.
3. Select the 2017-2018 school year.
4. Complete the steps as prompted. It is essential that this application is filled out completely, leave no shaded boxes blank.
5. You will be required to upload or fax (866-315-9264) the following financial documents:
a. 2015 Federal Tax Return
b. 2016 W-2’s (both parents)
c. Most recent pay stub (both parents – paystubs are a requirement for ASB School)
d. All supporting documentation for Social Security income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation & TANF
NOTE: All supporting documentation can be uploaded in PDF format online. If you choose to fax the required documents please be sure to include the applicant ID on all correspondence. Whichever method you choose to send in the required documentation, it must be submitted by January 6, 2017 (to be considered for two grants) or by February 10, 2017 (to be considered for one grant). Missing information and/or documents will deem the application as incomplete and will not be included in the pool of applicants when deciding award amounts. FACTS Grant Aid application will be closed after February 10, 2017 so please do not delay processing your applications and submitting your documents.
Other Family Obligations
- You must be a registered member of either Assumption Parish or St. Bridget Parish.
- You must attend Mass and receive the sacraments. You actively participate in parish life.
- You fulfill the required thirty-five parent volunteer hours in the school.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Rep at 866-441-4637, and/or contact the Fulcrum Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact the ASB Business Manager, Cecelia Davison at email@example.com.