Our kindergarten program provides the foundation for a nine-year journey of personal, spiritual, and academic growth at Assumption-St. Bridget School. Students learn what it means to participate in a faith community. They develop critical thinking skills and express their insights in new ways. Surrounded by print, they experience first hand what readers and writers do. Throughout their years at ASB, students build on the skills that they begin to develop in kindergarten.
- ASB kindergarten is full day.
- Classes are taught by certified teachers, assisted by two full-time aides.
- School day is from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. Dismissal is at 2:00 on Mondays.
- Lunch period is 11:40-12:10. Daily hot lunch is available for purchase.
- Students have two recess periods each school day.
- Kindergarten students gather with the rest of the school community for liturgies and other shared prayer experiences.
- Weekly learning centers allow students to work in small group activities centered around phonics, art, math, social studies, sciences, and reading.
- Parent volunteers work in centers and assist with other classroom activities.
- Students participate is school-wide buddy program. Each kindergartner is paired with an older ASB student.
- Kindergartners follow the school dress code.
- Each kindergartner is honored as a Super Star for one week.