Our Kindergarten program provides the foundation for your child’s educational journey of personal, spiritual, and academic growth. ASB students develop critical thinking skills and express their insights in new ways, as they experience what it means to be part of a faith community. Throughout their years at ASB, students build on the skills they begin to develop in Kindergarten. They explore their own strengths and talents, and develop an understanding of themselves as learners. Students develop effective study habits and gain the knoweldge and skills that they need to succeed beyond ASB.
Kindergarten Key Facts
- ASB Kindergarten is a full-day program, from 8:30am to 3:00pm. Dismissal is at 2:00 on Mondays.
- Teacher to student ratio is 1:15 max. Each Kindergarten classroom has a full-time dedicated Instructional Aide.
- Weekly learning centers allow students to work in small group activities centered around phonics, art, math, social studies, sciences, and reading.
- Students have two recess periods each school day.
- Kindergarten students gather with the rest of the school community for liturgies and other community celebrations and service projects.
- Parent volunteers work in centers and assist with other classroom activities.
- Students participate in our school-wide buddy program. Each Kindergartner is paired with an older ASB student, who serves as a year-long mentor.